Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Dreaded Swim Lessons

Henry looks really happy here, doesn't he? He was a big talker yesterday..."I'm going to go under the water and swim like a big boy." That was moments before his last swim lesson. Confident and ready to go.
This was the result once his teacher actually submerged him. It was all downhill from there. In order to pass level I the students have to be able to master a set of skills and I don't think Henry mastered even one of them. He won't put his face in the water, he won't let go of his death grip on the teacher, and he won't jump in to his teacher without mom or dad having to push him. So much for my visions of him swimming under water by the end of this summer. Level I here we come...again.

4 comments:

The Bayly's said...

Oh, the joy! Or wait, what's the opposite of joy? Excruciating agony? Yeah, that sounds about right.

That pic of Henry crying is priceless.

Christi said...

Gosh Hank looks old! Yeah, you're a true blogger now. Instead of comforting the crying kid, you gotta document it on film. Heh, heh! j/k. Those pics are classic (& adorable!)- really good blackmail documents for later in life.

Pinky Lovejoy-Coogan said...

Oh, bless his little heart. Is it awful that I'm cracking up at the sight of him crying?

Wow, two posts in a week? You're really blogging now! :) tee hee hee.

Debra said...

I know I shouldn't be laughing, but that one picture is so awesome!