Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Concert Season

It's concert season - Woohoo! Although I am tired of the heat by the time August rolls around, I do love the month for one reason...it seems to be the month of great concerts. We kicked off concert season last night by seeing James Taylor. This is our third time seeing him and even though it was my least favorite show (too many covers James, stick with the stuff we know and love) it was still fantastic. For a 60 yr old guy, he is still so "cool". Maybe it was his mention of the missing decade (the 70s) that he can't remember due to drugs. That shouldn't make him cool but it does.

My mom has a crush on James and I have to say, I do too. He is the right combination of talent, humor, and bad boy, all rolled into a handsome, classy package. I will never get tired of that voice. Thanks for stopping in Salt Lake City James.


We enjoyed the concert last night with Kerri and Teag, Kevin's Mom and Dad, and my friend Kristen. The only pictures that turned out though are the ones of Kevin and I and Kerri and Teag (below).


On Sunday we plan to hang out just outside of Red Butte Gardens to poach the Greg Brown concert and then at the end of the month we head back to Usana to enjoy Dave Matthews. I guess August isn't so bad after all.

5 comments:

Pinky Lovejoy-Coogan said...

Thank goodness you finally updated your blog - if I had to look at the 4th of the July post one more second I was going to scream. Tee hee hee. Glad I could be of service (although our pic was kinda cute). :) Whatever, totally shun me. Fine!

Buffy Clark said...

I must say you have good taste in music. I like James Taylor and Dave Matthews. By the way, it is a really good pic of both you and Kev.

The Bayly's said...

Dude, where'd you get the cool pic at the top? It's all clear and what not.

Glad you guys had a good time, it was fun to go together!

Anonymous said...

But...but...he's *bald*.

Christi said...

Wish I was there! Sounds FUN!