Saturday, April 19, 2008

Maiden Voyage


For the last few years, Kevin has had a real itch to aquire a couple of kayaks. Knowing that he may not always have the ability to pro-form the gear (which is the only way we can really afford it) we decided to go for it this year. This week all of the gear finally came in and we have been excited to take them out. We decided to try them out on the little lake at Liberty Park last night and we are happy to report that they float. Henry had a great time riding shotgun with Dad.



Before we get out on some real moving water, we decided it might be wise to get some instruction so we have signed up for a beginning whitewater kayak course through the Jewish Community Center up at the U. It's a five week course that takes you through the basics of kayaking, including the roll. Should be interesting...

Hopefully I will have some interesting pictures to post of our kayak adventures in the next couple of years.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice rides! Do you ever take them through any sweet rolls? :-) You guys are giving the Henrio the coolest form of parenting, hands on, real life stuff. Enjoy!!!

Buffy Clark said...

I hope Kevin is ready to give up his kayak sometimes....cause I am coming with you!!!!

Christi said...

Very cool! Take them to Powell if you go. We had 'em at Powell last year and it was super fun to explore little canyons in them. How fun!

Justin, Catherine, Brayden and Peyton Andrews said...

Looks like fun! Congrats on 9 years! I can't wait to see pictures from class and your adventures. Have fun!

Rich and Kristl said...

These look so fun, we may demand lessons once you complete your course!

Mitchell Family said...

HEY MEGAN, it's randee (your sisters-long lost twin!) I must admit I look at your blog all the time! sorry if this creeps you out! I have taken my blog private and thought it would only be fair since I blog stock you, for you to continue to blog stock me...email me your email for an invite. jeremymitchell7@msn.com (ps I LOVE YOUR HEADING WITH YOUR CUTE BOY!)