Monday, September 1, 2008

Mr. McSill & His Organic Loot


Henry has had multiple nicknames over the years. He used to be Sill which was short for silly. Then we churched it up a bit and called him Mr. Sill. Now, because he was born on St. Patricks Day we threw a "Mc" into the mix for the most recent Mr. McSill.


Mr. McSill digs plants, especially the ones that produce fruit or vegetables. From a very young age he has been up to his knees in gardening. Every morning he wakes up and askes if he can "check the mato's". This year, he has had a bumper crop of home grown organic veggies which he is so proudly posing next to. Strangely enough he digs eating most of them too.
He shares his hard work with the neighbors and gets just as much joy out of watching others eat as he does eating the veggies himself. You will oft hear him say "these are sooo delicious!" before popping one into his mouth.
Here's to Mr. McSill, & the harvest season. We all hope there will be many more to come.

9 comments:

Pinky Lovejoy-Coogan said...

Mr. McSill is so freaking cute, he kills. What's with the new blog format? Only Meg posting now?

Buffy Clark said...

How come I don't remember Mr. McSill??? It is a cute name, I might have to start calling him that.

Meg Rogers said...

Kevin posted that post, that's HIS nickname for Henry. (You may have noticed that I already did a garden entry, but he wanted to do one as well.)

The Bayly's said...

Is it REALLY organic if you use MiracleGro? I'm not so sure... Super cute pics though, and I'll just say it right now... I'm jealous of your haul.

Shannon said...

Oh i love that you commented on my blog! So fun to get to know each others families through the Blogging world.

We have LOVED the Squash that Kevin and Mr. McSill have given to us. That is awesome that he eats all of the Garden stuff, maybe i need a garden so my kids will eat Tomatoes!! UGh!!
I will check back often on your cute little family!

Christi said...

Seriously, I thought Nate just left on his mission?! Hank (um I mean Mr. McSill) is so tall and handsome in that pic! You are such great parents, can I send my kids to camp at your house for a week to learn about gardening and all that organic, homegrown stuff? (Love the new pic of you on your profile btw!)

Debra said...

Henry, save me a tomato, please! Next year will you come plant my garden? Wait, I'll plant, you weed!

Shannon said...

This is Shannon, your cousin. I see there is another cool chic with the same name! :). Can you kidnap Kate & Kayla for a while so they will be more apt to eat thier veggies? Holy cow...super parents. All my kids want is chocolate and treats? Where did I go wrong? What a great kid!

Amy said...

Henry is so adorable, love the knickname Mr. McSill. It's so funny the names we come up with for our kids, usually after awhile we can't even remember why we call them what we do. Oh well!